What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a form of holistic healing that originates from Chinese medicine, and is a treatment option at our practice at Moving Forward Physical Therapy. Acupuncture is a minimally invasive procedure, where thin needles are inserted at certain points on your body that are nerve-rich. These are called acupuncture points, which allow your nerves, connective tissues, and muscles to be stimulated. In return, this can stimulate the immune system, healing, circulation, and help with pain.
Conditions treated with acupuncture
Acupuncture can help a large variety of different health conditions including:
- Headaches and migraines
- Depression and anxiety
- Morning sickness
- Menstrual Cramps
- Chronic pain
- Chemotherapy-induced nausea
- Neck pain
- And more
Key benefits of acupuncture
- Pain relief can be supplemented by acupuncture, providing additional relief when used with other forms of therapy such as medicine or massage therapy.
- Reduce the need for pain medication by improving pain holistically.
- Improve quality of life for people suffering from chronic pain.
- Has few side effects and is safe when done correctly.
Is acupuncture right for me?
Since acupuncture is done with very thin needles, it shouldn’t hurt. Most of the time people feel more relaxed or even more energized after acupuncture treatment. There is also a very low risk associated with acupuncture. When looking for an acupuncture provider, it is important to make sure you choose a skilled and educated practitioner to deliver safe and beneficial results.